The Carls are coming
- Is this page and project associated with Hank, John, Complexly or any other Nerdfighter-y official business?
- Can I send in a Carl that is not out of paper/not based on the template?
Yes, we accept basically any Carl.
- I like the Carl template, but I need something else!
Contact us and we'll see what we can do. It wouldn't be the first time the template has been altered. Resources so far:
- The German Carl model is based on a design by Focus and Echo/Il-Ho Jung, after a draft by Kaitlin Kall
- Kirigami instructions:
If you want this on a playing card like the original, it's easiest to cut out one of the templates with a border of white space so you can tape it in alignment with a card on the back
Cut all of the solid lines completely
- If you just want it from the paper, just cut on the black outline.
The Kirigami popup Carl was made by Lui.
- Any dotted lines should be scored on the back side of the card (to facilitate folding)
- A dashed line should be scored on the front side of the card (to facilitate folding)
- If you're just doing a paper Carl, you don't need to score the paper, it'll just end up cutting through, just fold on the dotted lines towards you and the dashed lines away from you
- Do I have to tell you my city and my name?
The name is optional, the location is pretty much needed for the map. That said, feel free to lie or to give us a city in roughly the same region. Please be safe.
- What is a finished Carl supposed to look like?
- I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF, I NEED TO SCREAM ABOUT HANK'S BOOK!
We have a Discord server for all your AART-related screaming and non-screaming needs. Come join us! We'd love to hear from you.
- The map isn't working!
Oh no! You should probably contact us. In the meantime, the map is still available on Google Maps.
- Is there a deadline?
Not really, no. Hank's book comes out September 25, available for preorder now, but there will also be a sequel...
- Can I translate the website?
Of course! Write us
- Wait, is there a secret on this site?
Maybe... You might want to be on Discord for the full effect, though...